WHO WE ARE
Lynx Grills, Inc. is a technology company that specializes in outdoor kitchen appliances. It is a fast growing innovation leader in outdoor kitchen appliances. From our signature blue LED illumination system and ProSear™ infrared cooking technology, to the Mom Friendly, easy to lift Lynx Hood Assist, Lynx designs and assembles the finest outdoor grills and appliances in our factory in Southern California.
We are committed to continuous improvement in our products, sales, service, and installation. We provide fast, friendly, efficient Customer Care to Lynx customers. To start your career with Lynx, send your resume to HR@lynxgrills.com.
WHO WE WANT
opportunity currently exists in our organization for a Mechanical Engineer. This
position reports to the Vice President of Engineering. The
Mechanical Design Engineer will play a critical role in the continued growth of
our product line and our business by designing next generation equipment.
- Design and develop complete appliances and sub-systems including components and assemblies to create solutions that are innovative, easy to manufacture, user friendly and meet cost targets.
- Ensure all systems are running in accordance with applicable requirements and specifications, and operate within regulations to ensure the production quality.
- Identify and implement all key elements of mechanical design by interfacing with sales and marketing associates, team members and customers.
- In conjunction with manufacturing, develop cost standards and material and component costs that meet all project targets.
- Maintain and create accurate, timely BOMs and drawings for transfer to Manufacturing.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing for new and existing designs to meet all shipping and startup schedules.
- Coordinate the flow of technical information to Manufacturing, Sales, Service and Customers.
- Assist in documentation efforts to maintain all manuals, drawings, bill of materials, and manual drawings.
- Perform as Project Leader on assigned projects from conception through startup at the Customer site.
- Minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent work experience) with at least 5 year's machine design experience.
- Experience in designing completed machines in SolidWorks, working knowledge and understanding of sheet metal design.
- Finite Element Analysis and electrical controls experience a plus.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience with Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing elements for world class appliance designs. Six Sigma certified- Green Belt/Black Belt a plus
- Team player, with demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong customer interface and interaction experience is required.
- Experience with and advanced skill in 3D (SolidWorks or similar).
- Self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Lynx Grills, Inc. offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Lynx is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.