2 pig ears
1 cup onion, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Black pepper, ground
1/2 cup Ajo Blanco sauce (recipe below)
Ajo Blanco Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Water, cold
1/2 cup peeled Almonds
2 Tbsp Vinegar, red wine
2 Garlic cloves
Salt to taste
Crispy Seared Pig Ears
- Rinse pig's ears under water and place in a small pot with lid. Add onion, salt and hot water until covered.
- Place pot on top of your Lynx side burners, turn burners on medium and braise until pig's ears are tender, about three and a half hours.
- Remove the pig's ears from the pot and let cool. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Preheat Asado on high for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle some grapeseed oil on the Asado's cooking surface and place the pig's ears. Cook and let brown on one side before turning them.
- Brown on the other side until crispy.
- Season with salt and serve immediately with the Ajo Blanco sauce
Ajo Blanco Sauce
- Puree all ingredients in a blender until a smooth cream forms. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.