2 1-inch thick 16 oz. rib-eye steaks
vegetable oil, as needed
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
2 garlic cloves, cut in halves lengthwise
1 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat Lynx Grill to high or 500°F
- In a small bowl or cup, mix olive oil, garlic cloves, and thyme. Reserve for later.
- Lightly brush steaks on both sides with vegetable oil. Season steaks generously with salt on both sides and let them sit for 10 minutes
- Sear steaks on both sides until deep grill marks appear, about 1 minute per side.
- Lower grill temperature to medium, or around 375°F-400°F and grill steaks for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness
- Remove steaks from grill and allow them to sit on a cooling rack or plate for about 2 minutes. Brush steaks with the olive oil mix and serve immediately.