1 lb. Ground Beef
1 lb. Ground Pork
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Salt & Pepper
3/4 cup Grated Swiss Cheese
6 Small Ham Slices (sugar-free)
Oil (your choice) for grilling
Mustard for basting
Optional - Pickles, Lettuce, and Tomato
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, pork, and seasonings. Mix well with your hands and set it aside.
- Grate the Swiss cheese and set it aside.
- Divide the beef mixture into 6 balls. To assemble and stuff the burgers, I used a 3" mold/ cookie cutter. Place half of the meat from one of the balls into the base of the mold and press it down firmly. Push some of the meat up the sides just slightly to create a "pocket" for the cheese and ham slice. Place 2 tsp of grated swiss cheese in the bottom and cover it with the ham. Use the remaining meat and place it over the top and use your fingers to push and seal it in. Remove the mold from around the meat and lightly pat the meat out a bit so it isn't quite so thick. Repeat until all the burgers are formed.
- Preheat your All Trident Grill to medium heat (around 400F). Lightly oil the outside of your burgers and place them over direct heat. Cook each side until it easily releases from the grates (about 3 minutes). The temperature the FDA recommends for ground meats to be cooked to 165 F. After the first flip, brush on a small amount of mustard onto the tops and allow them to finish cooking.
- Remove from the heat and allow them to rest a few minutes before serving for the juices to settle.
- Add pickles, more mustard, and your favorite burger toppings.