1 chicken, whole (3-4 lb)
3 liters water, cold
1 1/2 tablespoons Salt, kosher
3 garlic cloves, cut in halves lengthwise
2 large rosemary sprigs
butcher's twine, as needed
- In a container large enough to fit the whole chicken, mix water and salt with a whisk until salt is fully dissolved. Add garlic, rosemary, and chicken; make sure chicken is fully covered by the liquid. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the brining liquid, pat dry with paper towels and truss it with butcher's twine, making sure the wings are attached to the sides of the breast and the legs cross-tied right above the bottom cavity of the chicken
- Insert the rotisserie spit in the chicken, running it through the center of the chicken from cavity to cavity and secure the chicken in place with rotisserie forks. Turn rotisserie burner on and set motor to medium speed. Place a pan directly below the chicken to catch the dripping liquids as it roasts. Close Lynx Grill and allow it to roast for about 1.5 hours or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F
- When done remove from rotisserie spit and allow it to rest for 10 minutes on a cooling rack or platter
- Carve and serve immediately.