8 oz. Filet Mignon, about 2-inch thick
Salt, as desired.
Vegetable Oil Spray
- Turn on Lynx Grill to Max heat and close the hood. This will help the grates reach around 750 F, which is a great temperature for searing.
- While the grill preheats, take the filet mignon out of the fridge and season generously with salt. Let the filet rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes. If you have a thermometer, let it rest until it reaches an inner temperature of 50 F.
- Spray a little of vegetable oil on both sides of the steak, open the hood and place steak on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes on the 1st side. Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the 2nd side. Lower the grill’s temperature to ‘medium’.
- Flip the steak and cook for 4 minutes on the 1st side. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes on the 2nd side. Remove the steak from the grill and place it on a plate or cooling rack and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Resting time is crucial for several reasons, especially because this is when the liquids redistribute inside the steak and, most importantly, because the residual heat in the steak will continue to cook the steak, reaching it’s peak after around 8 – 10 minutes of resting. With the instructions above, your filet mignon should be at around 110 F by the time you take it off the grill, and the residual heat will carry on cooking the steak about 20 F – 25 F more, peaking at 130 F – 135 F with 8 or 10 minutes of rest time. Perfect medium rare.