3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter (cut into cubes and refrigerated)
1/3 cup ice water
6 granny smith apples (peeled, cored, & sliced)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
- Pie Crust
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter or a food processer and process until small beads form.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough forms a ball. Do not over process.
- Form into 2 discs, wrap, and refrigerator for 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl, toss sliced apples with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then toss with apples. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll out a pie disc into a 12-inch round about 1/8-inch thick and press into oven-safe pie plate. Fill the shell with the apples.
- Roll out second pie dough forming a disc and place over filling. Seal edges together and brush top of pie with egg wash.
- Sprinkle top with 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake in pizza oven until pastry is lightly browned and filling is cooked, approximately 40 minutes to 1 hour.