- 1 Medium Jicama
- 2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced into rounds
- 8 Slices of Bacon, cooked
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Curds
- 2 tbsp. Salted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
1. Peel and slice the jicama into an allumette cut (see blog post for more info). If frying or roasting cut slightly smaller for quicker cooking times. Pat the jicama fries dry and season with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and turmeric and set aside.
2. Cook the bacon using your preferred method and slice the jalapeno into thin rounds.
3. In a small pot, melt the butter over low heat. Whisk in the xanthan gum and stir until it dissolves. Whisk in the beef stock and allow it to cook on medium low to thicken slightly. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
4. Preheat the Napoli Oven to 425 F. Place the pan in the oven to preheat with the oven (this helps with browning the jicama). Take the jicama and place it on the hot baking sheet and make sure they are spread out and not touching (or they will steam). Cook for about 15-20 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
5. To assemble the poutine, I place about a 1/2 cup of fries into a bowl or basket. Sprinkle on a few cheese curds, bacon, and jalapeno slices. Cover in about a 1/4 cup of gravy. Add more curds, jalapeno, and bacon over the top and serve.