4 Large Beets
Olive Oil, as needed
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsps Rice Vinegar
Ricotta Cheese 15 oz tub
20 Grape Tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat Sonoma Smoker to 350 degrees.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a peeler. Cut the beets in quarters and toss them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the beets in the racks of the Sonoma Smoker and cook for 45 minutes, until the beets are tender.
- Remove from the smoker and allow the beets to cool down for about 10 minutes. Cut each quarter in half.
- Toss the beets with the vinegar.
- Arrange beets and dollops of ricotta on each plate.
- Place grape tomatoes halves around each beet quarter and ricotta dollops.
- Drizzle olive oil around the plate and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.