Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Infused Olive Oil
by Andrés Dangond
- 2 1-inch thick 16 oz. rib-eye steaks
- vegetable oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in halves lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon thyme
Prep 10 | Cook10 | Serves: 2
- 1) Preheat Lynx Grill to high or 500°F
- 2) In a small bowl or cup, mix olive oil, garlic cloves, and thyme. Reserve for later.
- 3) Lightly brush steaks on both sides with vegetable oil. Season steaks generously with salt on both sides and let them sit for 10 minutes
- 4) Sear steaks on both sides until deep grill marks appear, about 1 minute per side.
- 5) Lower grill temperature to medium, or around 375°F-400°F and grill steaks for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness
- 6) Remove steaks from grill and allow them to sit on a cooling rack or plate for about 2 minutes. Brush steaks with the olive oil mix and serve immediately.