Honey-Glazed Creole Grilled Shrimp & Grits
by Glenn Lyman
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2 teaspoons Creole Spice mix
- 5 oz Andouille sausage, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup grits, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Salt, kosher
- 1/4 cup sugar
Prep 45 | Cook20 | Serves: 4
- 1) In a large container make a brine by mixing salt and sugar with water, stir until fully dissolved. Add shrimp and let sit in a cool placed for 45 minutes.
- 2) Meanwhile, cooks grits according to package directions and preheat Lynx Grill and filled smoker box. Once the smoke starts, adjust all burners to medium. Place Andouille sausage on warming rack and close lid. Allow to render and crisp for 5-6 minutes. Remove and hold until cool enough to handle. Chop sausage into 1/4
- 3) Remove shrimp from brine, pat dry and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add Creole seasoning ans olive oil. Stir to combine.
- 4) Grill shrimp on oiled grate over direct medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning over only once for the best color. When the shrimp turns bright pink and begin to curl, they are done. Do not overcook! Remove and reserve with sausage. Keep warm.
- 5) In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. This can be done directly on the Lynx Grill or on a separate burner. Add sausage and shrimp to the honey mixture and stir to combine for 2-3 minutes.
- 6) Pour grits onto a platter. Top with shrimp mixture and chopped green onions for garnish
- 7) Serving Suggestion: Serve family-style with a crisp white wine or a jar of sweet tea and lemon.